Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Sherri Shepherd is the Dumbest Person on Television


Whoopi Goldberg: Is the world flat?
Sherri Shepherd: Is the world flat? I don't know.
Whoopi Goldberg: What do you think?
Sherri Shepherd: I never thought about it Whoopi.
Barbara Walters: You never thought about whether the world is flat?
Sherri Shepherd: I can tell you that I have thought about whether I was going to feed my child, how I'm going to take care of my family.
Barbara Walters: Well you can do both.
I have a day job, so I miss daytime television. Thank God for small favors.

In the now infamous flat earth discussion, Sherri Shepherd was so intent on stating that she doesn't believe in the theory of evolution, she feared acknowledging that the earth is round. I guess she was afraid that the bible made reference to a flat world. Well, she was wrong. You can be a fundie and still acknowledge that the earth is in fact round.

Not content to have gone down in history in a memorable moment of idiocy, today Shepherd claimed, "I don't think anything pre-dated Christians." Her colleagues didn't do much better, sounding like confused high school students wondering whether the Greeks came before the Romans. But none of them claimed that no other religion existed before Christianity.

How is it possible to give her the benefit of the doubt? Did she mean that Jesus was infinite? Well she should have said so. Instead she adamantly stated that no one even existed before the followers of Christ.

After the flat earth debacle, Shepherd claimed to have misheard Whoopi's question. I wonder what she will say tomorrow.