Thursday, December 15, 2016

Black Agenda Report and CPR News: Fighting for Southern Human Rights

I must give a huge shout out to Don Debar of Community Public Radio (CPR) News. Back in March he asked me to be a regular guest on his program. So almost every week since then we have discussed my latest Black Agenda Report columns. It has been a lot of fun and a great experience for me. Right now Don has been purged from Facebook for mysterious reasons. I think it is because he recently traveled to Cuba. In any case I'm just taking a short end of year break but we'll back together in January.

Today we talked for our final 2016 program about Fighting for Southern Human Rights. I spent the weekend in Jackson, Mississippi at the Southern Human Rights Organizers Conference (SHROC) and met amazing people. We had a direct action at a Nissan plant and I was on a great panel with Ajamu Baraka and others.

There is nothing like being with like minded folks and pursuing a common goal. Our goal is liberation and that struggle continues. Listen to our talk here.